Tuesday, December 18, 2012

And Innocence Weeps


H
ey it's me 
I'm saddened 
by the day 
More pictures
More blanks 
More stares.

Hey it's me
It's lonely
Out here
They say
They care
But their eyes
Just stare.

Hey it's me
I'm smiling
No one sees
Everyone ignores
No one cares
Not even you.

Hey it's me
I'm crying
For love
I'm crying
For hope
I'm crying
No one sees
They are lost
In their belief.

Hey it's me
Look at me
Am I a worm
That sleeps
Or a leaf
That sails
In a breeze
To places
Unseen?

Hey it's me
Look at me
I'm dying
Help me
I'm dying
But you won't
Will you?

Hey it's me!
Am I a twig
With dried intuition
And frail
Existence
Eager to snap?

Hey it's me
Look at me!
Hey It's me!
Look at me!
Hey!
It's me...
Do you see me?




And Innocence Weeps!

Ralph wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of man’s heart, and the fall through the air of the true, wise friend called Piggy. ~ Lord of the Flies

No comments:

Post a Comment